I am kind of feeling like my friend Gwen.
My four year old had shots.
My seven year old has the tummy aches and overall yucky feeling.
Three days in the house.
Stirring up trouble.
I want to cry.
So, I did.
Maia is leaving tomorrow.
She has been my faithful running pal for 2 years.
Big booger cries.
I let it all out.
It felt good to get it out.
I already miss her.
But, here are a few things I am thankful for today:
1. Amidst the house bound chaos I listened to my children have a conversation about God.
2. As I was leaving Barnes and Noble I saw three people holding hands and praying aloud.
3. We leave or vacation in 36 hours, 15 minutes and 22 seconds.
4. We leave for vacation in 36 hours, 14 minutes and 48 seconds.
5. I read this entry and walked outside, sat on the slide....took a deep breath and looked up, looked in and looked down.
6. The cardinal I saw as I left Maia's house for the last time.
Has anyone read this book? I read a little of it while I was in Barnes and Noble. He is the pastor of my sister's church in Birmingham. I might get it to read on vacation. Oh, wait...we are now on a budget. I will wait until it comes to the library or if someone let's me borrow:) Or if I make some money tomorrow selling some of my jewelry......