"stone of help."
Why do I forget? Why is it that the Good that He has done sometimes fades in the background of everyday life? When I know and believe in the core of my being, that He is Good. And He wants Good for me.
Early on in my walk with Christ, someone told me about "raising your ebenezers." I went searching in the Bible and found this:
Samuel took a large stone and placed it between the towns of Mizpah and Jeshanah. He named it Ebenezer—"the stone of help"—for he said, "Up to this point the Lord has helped us!" —1 Samuel 7:12, NLT
Right now I feel like one of the stones is being chipped and reshaped. And it doesn't feel so great. Life is just hard right now. When things get hard is where sometimes I forget. But, today I remember. I am raising my Ebenezers in praise and worship of the One Who loves me more than I can think or imagine. So, here are a few of my Ebenezers:
- the provision of marriage to my husband.
- the restoration and redemption of our marriage.
- my children get to experience life different than my early years.
- the longing of my real father replaced by my Heavenly father.
- a wonderful step father who loves me like his own. What a gift.
- sister's in Christ, who lift and encourage me daily. Who point me to the Lord by showing me His love.
- my real father asking for forgiveness at my grandmother's funeral.
There are so many more. But, what an awesome way to start my day by remembering all He has done for me.
This is an amazing blog post on Ebenezers.