Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 30

Wow.
Today is Day 30 of my journey on giving thanks.  
I can honestly say that I feel different.
I feel better.
Wow.
I am going to post some of the things I have found that I am thankful for:
 
1.  Breathing Out and Breathing In
by A.B. Simpson (1843-1919)

Jesus, breathe Thy Spirit in me,
Teach me how to breathe Thee in,
Help me pour into Thy bosom
All my life of self and sin.

I am breathing out my own life,
That I may be filled with Thine;
Letting go my strength and weakness,
Breathing in Thy life divine.

Breathing out my sinful nature,
Thou has borne it all for me;
Breathing in Thy cleansing fullness,
Finding all my life in Thee.

I am breathing out my sorrow,
On Thy kind and gentle breast;
Breathing in Thy joy and comfort,
Breathing in Thy peace and rest.

I am breathing out my longings,
In Thy list’ning loving ear,
I am breathing in Thy answers,
Stilling every doubt and fear.

I am breathing every moment,
Drawing all my life from Thee;
Breath by breath I live upon Thee,
Blessed Spirit, breathe in me.
 
2.  "God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him....choose joy."  Jim Elliot

3.  "Too many people miss the silver lining because they are expecting gold."  Gitzen Girl

4.  "I am simply overwhelmed with thankfulness to Him."  C.J.  Mahany

5.  Over time, choosing gratitude means choosing joy."  Nancy Leigh DeMoss

6.  "And above all these put on love, which binds everything together."  Col. 3:14



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love *each* quote! Fantastic!

Amy Sullivan said...

Hey! I stopped by from Holy Experience.

Great quote from Nancy Leigh DeMoss...gratitute is choosing joy.