Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 23, 24, 25 and 26

Better late than never.
I am going to write specific quotes from people that have made an impact on me this week.  
1.  Ann Voskamp's words,
"Maybe more than scientific, conclusive evidence of the reality of a Greater Being moving the strings behind the vaporous veil of the universe, maybe the dark depths of us really long for the filling of a wounded, weeping God who doesn’t write answers in the stars but writes His ardency in our scars.


With His scars.


Maybe in ditches and by death beds, maybe we aren’t seeking evidence of God as much as we are seeking an experience with God.


And maybe that is precisely what God has given, day after day, right here in the midst and the mess —- not hard evidence, but a holy experience. 

2.  A hymn we sang at church this past Sunday, "How sweet the name of Jesus sounds in a believer's ear! It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds, and drives away his fear.  Dear Name! the rock on which I build, my shield and hiding place, My never failing treas'ry filled with boundless stores of grace."  Trinity Hymnal "How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds."

3.  3 John 1-4
1This letter is from John, the elder.
I am writing to Gaius, my dear friend, whom I love in the truth.
2 Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit. 3 Some of the traveling teachers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living according to the truth. 4 I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth.

4.  "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."  Ephesians 6:10 


5.  "My heart is ruined because there are no more PopTarts."  La.....please pray for patience, love, calmness with my girl. 


6.  "Of course you suffer.  But, your suffering is part of God's providence in your life; he is working out his purpose through it.  For in his plan, suffering leads to glory and helps to create it(Rom. 8:17).  Suffering is the friction which polishes our graces.  Without it we would be all the poorer as reflectors of the image of His Son."  Dr. Sinclair Ferguson


7.  "You are never more Christlike than when you feel another's hurt and seek to help."  Warren Wiersbe





1 comment:

Lauren said...

This is beautiful. Thank you.