Thursday, December 9, 2010

self control

Whoop there it is.
self control.
staring me in the face ALL the time.
whether it be my 
thoughts.
food.
judgments.
words.
pride.
coveting.
self righteousness.
facebook.

I really do love how the Lord uses all of these things in life that confront each of us
everyday
to run to Him
or run away from Him.
guilty a lot of the later.
But, oh how sweet He is when we are obedient.
When we follow His Spirit and
TRUST.

I walked away from Facebook.
crackbook.
I have found myself getting on the computer and tempted to go
only because it is habit of wanting to see
to hear
how people are doing.
Now, this is not a bad thing necessarily.
Especially if you are one of the lucky ones who doesn't get sucked in.
I am so happy for you if you can walk away.
Or better yet just check once a month.
Not moi.

So, today is day 2.
It feels pretty good.
Ok, I miss seeing updates.
But, I am loving my extra time.
Lovin' it.

P.S.  I don't think there is anything wrong with Facebook (well, I really hate that the guy who started it is now worth billions.)  It has just become an idol for me.  So, I am walking away for a while:)


No comments: