Thursday, January 20, 2011

What would it look like

if I believed who God says I am?
What would I look like through His eyes, instead of my own?

When I look at myself I see:

Someone who can't get it together at all.
Why did I walk out of the house without any makeup on?
Judgemental of myself and others.
Hypocrite.
Self Righteous.
Loser. 
Curvalicious.....aka Baby Got Back.
Not a good mom.
I spend too much time on myself.
I don't spend enough time with kids.
I leave them at school all day.
Only to get upset with them when they get home.
Cranky.
Emotional.
Worn out.
Bruised.
Tied in a knot.  Upside down.
Hanging by my toes, barely hanging on.
Pressured to perfection.
Needing affirmation.
Desiring something to fix the anxiety.
The worry.
The fears.
The what if's.
My OCD tendencies. 
My anxiety.
My ugliness.
My messed up self.


BUT,

What would happen if I just walked with Him?
Believed Him at His Word?


"The king is enthralled by your beauty..."
Psalm 45:11 (NIV) 
"He Behold, you are beautiful, my love,behold, you are beautiful! Your eyes are doves behind your veil."  Song of Solomon 4:1

                            "You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD,
                                        and a royal diadem in the hand of your God."
Isaiah 62:3 ESV 

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are"  1 John 3:1

"For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways."  Psalm 91:11

Jesus loves Losers.
 
He said in Matthew 9:12, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Sweet, precious, tender, gracious Father,
Please give me Your eyes to see how You see me.
Retrain my mind to see the good in me and not just the bad.
Forgive me.  Comfort me.  Love me.  Show me Your way.  
In Your Precious Name I pray.

If any scriptures come to mind about God and His love for us, please share them with me:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet AllieMac, how good the Lord is to give you HIS word to remind you of who you REALLY are. Remember that 'a bruised reed He will not break' (Isaiah 42:3) ... we are all bruised reeds, but He will not break us. He holds us in the palm of His hand. Love you so much!

Laura said...

I love reading your words. Your thoughts are so honest and hit so close to home. I thank the Lord for giving you to us as a sweet friend and sister in Christ. You have challenged me to look to the Scriptures for verses to define ourselves -- goodness knows I need it too! Love you.