Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mac

Ok, yesterday was a hard day. I went to pick up Mac and i get this look from Ms. Regina....you know the look. She told me that Mac was making faces at his friend's on the play ground. He had to have timeout there. I told her thank you for telling me. Mac told her he was sorry. Well, we got in the car and he said, "I need to pray to God....cry cry". I said, "Ok, I think that is a good idea." He said, "Dear God, please forgive me for making faces at my friend's, in Jesus' name amen". Then we talked about how we all make mistakes, but God still loves us and I still love him too. Then I told him that he could never do anything to cause me to make me not love him. He said, "I love you, Mom".

You might ask why I tell you this. But, this happens to be probably some of the sweetest times I have with him when we talk about God. This morning he said to me, "Mom do you know why I praise the Lord?" I said, "No, tell me". He said, "Because I love Him". Oh, my talk about my heart just swelling up:) I said that was why I praised Him too.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you that your mercies are new every morning. Thank you for my children. Thank you for letting me see You at work in my little boy.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Tears are running down my face!! he is such a sweet little boy and my how is growing up. you are such a good mommy! you have taught him well.

Lile said...

Allie,
God is so good!! You are doing such a good job as a Mom. Times that you share with Mac (and later with Lawson) will lay the framework for their lives!! I'm so very proud of you!!
Love,
Mom