Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heaven

Leighton lost his grandfather yesterday. Granddaddy Mac was 93 years old. I am so thankful that we got to see him 2 weeks ago for his birthday! Leighton told me yesterday that after he got the call from his dad that it was going to be soon, he dreamed about Granddaddy. He said it was a vivid dream. So vivid that he wrote about it in his journal. How amazing is that? Leighton went to Savannah yesterday and spent some time with him and got to tell him goodbye.

Leighton said that the chaplain came and prayed with them. The chaplain said that they had talked before and he asked Granddaddy about the Lord and was reading some scriptures and that when he stopped, Granddaddy finished them. That makes my soul rejoice.

Last night at the dinner table we were talking to Mac and talking about how Granddaddy was going to heaven to be with Jesus. He asked about heaven and we told him how wonderful it is. No one hurts, no one is sad and everyone is happy because they are with Jesus. He said, "I want to go!" talk about the tears.........Leighton said, "well we aren't ready for you to go and only God knows when that will happen".

Heaven is not somewhere I am scared of anymore. I look forward to it. I can't wait. But, I am going to enjoy my time here on earth while I can. Enjoy my husband, my children, my family and my friends. Love more because He loves me and has blessed me beyond words.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I love reading your posts! I love reading about how you are teaching Mac and Lawson about how great our God is. It brings tears to my eyes to picture him asking about heaven and wanting to go. i am so sorry for your loss of daddy Mac. I know ya'll will miss him so much. I love you very much!! ~a