Monday, August 22, 2011

joy and doubt

"But the secret of joy is to keep seeking God where you doubt He is."
Ann Voskamp.

I opened her book like I do every so often.
Especially when I am seeking Him.
And I read the sentence above.
Over and Over I recited this in my head.

Where are the places I have doubted God?
I started listing them in my head.
All the way to the most current doubts.
And all of the doubts have led me to Him.
Not away from Him.
Even though I might not sense His presence,
keep seeking His Face.

I can't tell you how many drafts I have written and not posted.
I have felt pretty dry in the writing department.
Or maybe I have been running away a little.
Or maybe it was just soaking up time with the kids.
We have had such a wonderful summer.
We are blessed.

Continuing with giving thanks........

707.  precious time in the mountains with MB.
708.  that the mountain lion that MB's parents saw was not there when we were there.
709.  for the transition to a new school.
710.  for both of my children to like school.
711.  daily grace that i receive.
712.  clean clothes.
713.  clipping hydrangeas to dry.
714.  fun day at the lake with our friends.
715.  laughter.
716.  that mac likes baseball.
717.  the courage of a dear friend going back to work.  she has a true gift.  so proud of you:)
718.  for the cardinal with a messed up head who shows up just when i need to see him.
719.  drawing near to my children when they have upset me.
720.  compassion instead of harshness.
721.  leighton. 
 

1 Peter 5:6-14.
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 10And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 11 To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Final Greetings
 12By Silvanus, a faithful brother as I regard him, I have written briefly to you, exhorting and declaring that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it. 13She who is at Babylon, who is likewise chosen, sends you greetings, and so does Mark, my son. 14 Greet one another with the kiss of love.  
    Peace to all of you who are in Christ.


1 comment:

paige said...

hi allison!!
so sweet to hear from you
&
thank you for such an encouraging note.
your thankfulness list is awesome!
yay you!