Tuesday, March 16, 2010

7 years ago

Seven years ago Daddy and I were preparing for your birth, Mac.  Two days until the big day.  And let me tell you, you started out big.  We did not find out that you were a boy until the Dr. delivered you via c-section(you weighed in at 9 pounds 12 1/2 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long.....I am 5'2 btw.)  We were so excited!  Our whole family was there (except Gran da da...he came the day after.)  You were beautiful.  I know you are a boy and all, but you took my breathe away.

I never dreamed I would get married, much less have a baby.  I wasn't the kind of little girl that dreamed about being a mommy.  But, I did.  When I married your daddy something changed inside my heart.  I loved him so much that I wanted to see him as a father.  I wanted a little someone who was part of "us".  We tried  for a couple of years to have you.  We went through fertility treatments.  Tears.  Waiting.  Praying.  Growing.

We were so excited when we found out that we were pregnant.  It was a pretty difficult pregnancy.  I will save the details for a later date.  I just want to tell you how you changed my life.  Now that I look back on my pregnancy I can remember how gentle you were.  Very low key and easy going.  The moment you were born, I changed.  I felt a different kind of love than I ever dreamed about feeling.  You were such an easy baby.  You latched on right away and ate like a champ.  I was nervous about breastfeeding you, and it ended up being the way I bonded with you.  You needed me.  The Lord knew I needed you.

I love you, Mac and thank God every single day for you:)  You make my heart smile!

1 comment:

Chris and Emily said...

so sweet! Happy birthday to your sweet Mac.